Keep Health In Mind: 10 Tips to Keep Your Memory SharpAugust 17, 2012
Have you ever searched for your glasses and found them only to be resting on your forehead? You wonder – are you loosing your mind? PROBABLY NOT!
Memory loss is a common complaint of people over 50. People fear that memory lapses are a precursor to Alzheimer’s disease. Only 10 percent of people over 65 get some form of dementia, so people who occasionally forget things simple have too much on their mind.
It is impossible to predict memory loss: you can do your best to prevent it. Listed below are the top 10 ways to keep your brain working at its maximum potential.
1. Exercise your mind – learn new things – language, musical instrument.
2. Stay physically active.
3. Eat, drink(water) and be healthy.
4. Develop a system of reminders and cues.
5. Take time to remember things.
6. Learn relaxation techniques.
7. Keep a positive attitude.
8. Talk to your doctor about memory concerns.
9. Check your levels on blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar.
10. Keep your perspective. Everyone has difficulty remembering things from time to time.
Lastly, never forget to laugh. Laughter help increase endorphins that help to reduce pain, both physically and mentally.
← The Moral Molecule Falls and Older Adults – “Home Safety Tips” →
Leslie and Irene were helpful beyond words! They were both so good with Mom, she enjoyed them so much. These ladies are truly gifted, perceptive and capable caregivers!
Daughter of Client